maurices Current Sweepstakes Rules
maurices National Dress Day Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The maurices National Dress Day Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. The Sweepstakes is void outside the eligible Sweepstakes territory; and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Maurices Incorporated (“Sponsor”) and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the eligible Sweepstakes territory, and entrants must be present in the eligible Sweepstakes territory at the time they enter.
2. TIMING: This is a one-day Sweepstakes with one entry period: the entry period begins at 8:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on Friday, March 6, 2020 and ends at 9:00 p.m. CT on Friday, March 6, 2020. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During any Entry Period, log into your Instagram account, find the Sweepstakes post on the official @maurices Instagram page located at https://www.instagram.com/maurices, and:
- 1) Follow @maurices Instagram page;
- 2) Like the sweepstakes post, and;
- 3) Tag a friend with whom you have permission to share the post using the hashtag #mauricesdresssweeps (an “Entry”).
YOUR ENTRY MUST “LIKE” THE @maurices PAGE, TAG A FRIEND AND INCLUDE THE REQUIRED HASHTAG.
Limit: one (1) Entry per person and one (1) prize per person in the Sweepstakes. An entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified with the Instagram account used by participant to enter. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address or Instagram account. Any attempt by any participant to obtain additional entries beyond the limit by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, Instagram accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void any and all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, the Entry will be decided upon by confirming the authorized account holder of the Instagram account and associated e-mail address from which the winning Entry was submitted at the time of Entry, and the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the winning entrant may be deemed ineligible. ELIGIBLE ENTRANTS MUST ENTER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. NO OTHER METHOD OF ENTRY WILL BE ACCEPTED. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrant’s online service will apply. See Section 12 below (“Data Collection”) regarding data collected online in connection with an entrant’s Entry. All Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor. All entrants and Entries subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner. Entrants will cooperate with Sponsor and its representatives in connection with any and all verification activities.
Sponsor may not be able to view purported Entries, receive or send communications, or otherwise detect participation from, or interact with, entrants who have account settings within Instagram that make their updates, comments, posts or communications private, protected, or otherwise limited. Sponsor may not be able to communicate with an entrant via some of Instagram’s features if entrant does not “follow” Sponsor’s @maurices account on Instagram. Entrant may discontinue following Sponsor or having an Instagram account at any time after the Sweepstakes is over, but doing so may mean that Sponsor cannot receive or provide communications for purposes of administering this Sweepstakes, which could result in entrant being disqualified and ineligible to win a prize. It is each entrant’s responsibility to set his or her account settings on Instagram to ensure that any purported Entry is made publicly, to accept contacts by Sponsor, and to timely check his or her account for any comments, @replies, messages, direct posts, or other communications (as applicable) from Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to any functionality or policy of Instagram that may interfere with the Sweepstakes or ability of an entrant to timely enter or otherwise participate in the Sweepstakes.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winner, and the awarding of the prize), which are final and binding in all respects.
5. DRAWING; ODDS; NOTIFICATION: At the end of the Entry Period, Sponsor will randomly select five (5) potential winners from among all eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Entry Period in the Sweepstakes. The entrants selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Potential winners will be notified by Instagram direct message. Potential winners may be required to execute and return to Sponsor a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release (an “Affidavit/Release”) in the form(s) provided by Sponsor in order to claim his/her prize. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to Sponsor by the date and/or time indicated within the Affidavit/Release. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within seventy-two (72) hours of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Sponsor in his/her place at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received by Sponsor for the Sweepstakes. In such event, an alternate potential prize winner will be notified as described above and will be required to return the required documents to Sponsor as described above; provided, however, Sponsor may alter the above timing to meet its Sweepstakes schedule and due to such schedule, Sponsor may be unable to award the prize in this Sweepstakes.
6. PRIZE: Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, five (5) prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Each prize consists of and is limited to one (1) one-hundred-dollar ($100) maurices gift card. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions printed thereon or in their accompanying materials. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is one-hundred dollars ($100.00), and the aggregate ARV of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is five dollars ($500.00).
LIMIT: One (1) prize per person in this Sweepstakes. Prize is nontransferable, nonassignable, nonnegotiable, and not redeemable for cash or credit. Prize must be accepted as awarded. Prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sponsor or for which Sponsor shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No prize substitutions, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right (but has no obligation) to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize of equal or greater value (including cash) if the prize (or a component thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Unused components of the prize shall be forfeited and have no redeemable cash value. Winner is solely and fully responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes, assessments and expenses associated with prize award, redemption, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize. If applicable, winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the actual retail value of the prize. Winners waive the right to assert as a cost of winning a prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem the prize. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing and any other condition of this Sweepstakes may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize, in which case, no consideration will be awarded.
7. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s (and its designees’, successors’ and assigns’) use of winner’s name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award prizes at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
9. RELEASE: By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Instagram, Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, Sweepstakes partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service, including Instagram; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s websites by a hypertext link.
11. DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in federal or state courts located in Minneapolis, Minnesota; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
13. OFFICIAL RULES: These Official Rules are available at https://www.maurices.com/sweepstakes/rules, or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “maurices National Dress Day Sweepstakes – Rules Request,” c/o Maurices Incorporated, 425 West Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55802.
14. WINNER’S LIST: To request a list of the Sweepstakes winners, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “maurices National Dress Day Sweepstakes - Winner List Request”, or send a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to “maurices National Dress Day Sweepstakes – Winner List Request,” c/o Maurices Incorporated, 425 West Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55802. Requests must be received by March 1, 2020.
15. SPONSOR: The sponsor of the Sweepstakes and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Maurices Incorporated, 425 West Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55802. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.